Contempt Of Court In Seattle

After a divorce decree is entered, issues may arise regarding a party’s compliance with the terms of the court order. Often those issues have to do with child visitation, child support and spousal maintenance.

You do not need to go without seeing your child or go without money while the other party violates a court order. It is possible to force compliance with court orders by seeking an action to find the other party in contempt of court. If the court finds that the other party knowingly violated a court order and had the means to comply with the order, then the court may order compliance with the previous order and sanctions for failing to comply in the first place.

Contact our Seattle child support attorney today and get your case reviewed. V. Freitas Law has been proudly providing legal representation in Seattle since 1991.